Who is eligible?

Here are some quick pointers about fuel reimbursements:

  • Vehicles traveling on trips that have been organized by the Mountaineering Club.
  • Vehicles carrying 3 or more dues paying members .
  • Keep your original receipts
  • Fill your tank before leaving Albuquerque (and save the receipt along with the ones during the trip), not when you get back
  • I know that this doesn't make any sense, but it is just how the Accounting Office would like things done.
  • You will not be reimbursed for fuel purchased after you have arrived in Albuquerque

How long does it take?

  • Figure about three weeks from the time that you hand in the receipts and forms
  • Where can I hand in my receipts?
  • Contact the treasurer ASAP after your trip or at a meeting. Receipts received after 14 days will not be accepted by the accounting office.

Is there a limit on how long I can wait before asking for a reimbursement?

  • It is required that you take care of your reimbursements within 2 weeks of travel
  • For fuel reimbursements on non-official club trips there are special rules:
  • The trip must be open to everyone in the club that is interested
  • The trip must be posted to the listserv at least 96 hours in advance of the trip for anyone else that might be interested in joining
  • You must have at least 3 dues paying members in the car
  • The max fuel that we will reimburse is $90 per trip - two times per semester.