Who is eligible?
Here are some quick pointers about fuel reimbursements:
- Vehicles traveling on trips that have been organized by the Mountaineering Club.
- Vehicles carrying 3 or more dues paying members .
- Keep your original receipts
- Fill your tank before leaving Albuquerque (and save the receipt along with the ones during the trip), not when you get back
- I know that this doesn't make any sense, but it is just how the Accounting Office would like things done.
- You will not be reimbursed for fuel purchased after you have arrived in Albuquerque
How long does it take?
- Figure about three weeks from the time that you hand in the receipts and forms
- Where can I hand in my receipts?
- Contact the treasurer ASAP after your trip or at a meeting. Receipts received after 14 days will not be accepted by the accounting office.
Is there a limit on how long I can wait before asking for a reimbursement?
- It is required that you take care of your reimbursements within 2 weeks of travel
- For fuel reimbursements on non-official club trips there are special rules:
- The trip must be open to everyone in the club that is interested
- The trip must be posted to the listserv at least 96 hours in advance of the trip for anyone else that might be interested in joining
- You must have at least 3 dues paying members in the car
- The max fuel that we will reimburse is $90 per trip - two times per semester.