To make sure our trips go as planned, there are a few trip guidelines!
- The trips will be announced at the meetings.
- Dues must be paid to come on trips! Check out the Get Involved page for more information.
- First come first served for limited registration trips.
- For questions regarding registration, logistics or other general inquiries please contact the organizing member(s) directly instead of posting those questions to the listserv; you can find email address for officers here.
- Coordinate with other members to carpool, ask for help to the organizing member(s) if you can't find a person to carpool with.
- Bring your own food and water, we suggest you team up with a couple members to buy and cook food together.
- If you have not attended a meeting within the month preceding an official trip you will not be allowed to go.
- Sign up with the club through IMleagues.com- these forms MUST be completed before the trip.
- You need to bring personal gear. Check it out from the gear officer if you need to.
- if you can't come for the whole length of the trip, gas can still be reimbursed if you follow the guidelines.
- you must bring a tent, if you don't have one you could rent one at the UNM Recreational services or pair up with someone who can bring one
- you must bring a sleeping bag, if you don't have one you could rent one at the UNM Recreational services; make sure to bring a sleeping bag in the appropriate temperature range for the trip.
- A 4x4 or high clearance vehicle may be needed to get to the area.
- No designated campsites or campfires pits, so you have to be aware of fire danger in the area and be responsible.
- No toilets available, and you must deal with it in a sustainable matter (the club will provide wag bags if needed).
- Bring lots of water.
- Leave no trace.